It was a weekend of excitement in Montalegre with ASCENDUM as Gold Sponsor of the Portuguese stage and the Construction Equipment Dealer Team, together with Volvo CE – the official track construction partner.
It was a memorable 2 days where ASCENDUM welcomed around 300 guests, including Customers, Partners, ASCENDUM Employees and Professional Schools for a high-speed experience.
In addition to the exciting races with 100% electric racing cars, guests had a full day.
- Seminars “Change Starts Here” and “Going Electric”, which presented the electric transition and the challenges of this change.Exhibition of all-electric machines, where they got to know the new Volvo equipment up close.
- Visit to the Paddock to meet the CE Dealer Team, drivers Klara Andersson and Niclas Grönholm, and also to see up close the electric cars that competed in the race.
- Leisure space that included a specially prepared area for children, with mini diggers in the sand.
- Electric Excavator Challenge where our guests put their skills to the test.
- Parade on the track of the Volvo machines that participated in the construction of the track.
Our selected service technicians participated in a unique behind-the-scenes experience – VIP Mechanic Experience – where they had the opportunity to get to know not only the drivers but also the technical team that supports them; a guided tour of the paddock where they appreciated the cars in detail and the technical support area and its operation.
This race weekend proved that the WRX Championship is a perfect event to strengthen ties with Customers and accelerate the shift to electric mobility, creating an exceptional opportunity to present our shared vision for a more sustainable future to our Customers.
Rewarding all this commitment, the CE Dealer Team won its 1st victory and a double podium in its passage through Montalegre.